3 things…or more…
1. It’s been a while since I’ve had time to shoot my own kids. It’s pitiful, really, b/c they started off being all muse like and such. Now, between my sessions and their ball schedules, it’s so hard to make it happen. I literally decided the day before to do this and
sweetly asked everyone if that was okay laid down the law. 😉
2. I had ordered wardrobe earlier, consisting of Mini Boden for A Dub and Gap for the boys. Copeland refused to wear what I had for him, “too skater, ma,” …When did he get out of diapers, now? I had to improvise with a Vineyard Vines polo. Usually, I wouldn’t “two stripe” a session. But, we rolled with it.
3. We went to the lake earlier in the day so I slathered them with sunscreen. As much as I love editing a good tomato face, I was glad the SPF 70 did it’s job. Meanwhile, back at my in-laws farm, there was a 6 week old puppy waiting for some grandkid love. Who doesn’t love a puppy? Awe. :-/ Once again, I gave in so there wouldn’t be tears for the next two hours. Thus, the puppy joined the session.
4. I gave David his honey-do (I hate that word) list which involved hanging the hammock I ordered last Fall…for a Fall session with my kids…that never happened….
5. All in all, I’m happy b/c I have new pictures to hang on the wall of these three that hold my heart. It doesn’t matter that there were over 200 outtakes of them swatting flies, itching their legs and licking one other. It’s no big deal that the neighbors acres away heard me yell a few times. I may or may not have cried. It was worth it… totally…and I love these guys to pieces!
ps…edited these really fast b/c I have a busy week coming up! 🙂